Clone a repository from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/tomasbedrich/pycaching.git cd pycaching
Optional: create a virtualenv:
python3 -m venv . source bin/activate # Unix Scripts\activate # Windows
Setup an enviroment:
python3 setup.py develop
Pick an issue labeled as “contributors friendly” or create a new one. Notify others that you will solve this problem (write a comment on GitHub).
Optional: Activate the virtualenv:
source bin/activate # Unix Scripts\activate # Windows
Write some code and tests. After that, don’t forget to update the docs. See coding style below.
Run the linter and tests:
python3 setup.py lint test
Make sure that:
- there are no lint errors,
- all tests are passing,
- the coverage is above 95%.
Push your work and create a pull request. Yay!
- For code, follow PEP8.
- Use double quotes.
- Try to keep line length below 100 characters (or 120 if absolutely nescessary).
- Use .format() for string formatting.
- For docs, please follow PEP257.
- Importing modules is okay for modules from standard library. If you want to include third-party module, please consult it on GitHub before.
- Please use regular expressions only as a last resort. When possible, use string manipulations,
split()and then list operations. It is more readable.